Students, Here is your Brief:
1. Dissect the Brief and Begin Research:
Our first task is to educate ourselves about 21st Century School design and some of the issues involved. I have collected some resources below, but feel free to conduct your own internet search to answer your questions.
- The link is an article by American Schools and Universities about 21st Century Schools and their needs:
- One school that might be important to examine is High Tech High in San Diego, CA because of their innovative educational atmosphere. (Feel free to do a google search for images of this school.)
- The PowerPoint below shares information from a school district about the types of schools they plan to design in the future:
2. Next Interview Clients and Prepare Your Presentation:
After you have researched 21st Century Schools, created interview questions, and interviewed your client it is time to synthesize what you have learned and create a Popplet, PowerPoint, Prezi, or Poster to show what your client really wants in the new building. Your presentation should explain through pictures and words what your client desires. An example is below: